" I did my first ride of 60km this morning after the fitting. I am very happy with the ride as I can actually feel that my riding power has increased and I was very comfortable physically throughout the whole ride. I could keep pace with the group and was still energetic after the ride.
I have definitely benefited from your fitting and regretted that I haven't come for your fitting earlier.
I will definitely work on all your recommendations.
Thank you once again. "
November 8, 2015
Our Bike Fitters, are Glenn Fayers and Bevan Colless, who are both trained physiotherapists and Triathletes and cyclists. They are F.I.S.T. certified bike fitter and Bevan is a qualified Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Bevan is a regular age group winner who has completed over 20 ironman distance races, including the Hawaii Ironman in 2013 and 2015.
With a key understanding of sports injuries, anatomy and physiology, combined with, power, comfort and the requirements for high performance, we are uniquely placed to perform bike fits. In all our locations we are the only physiotherapists qualified to perform bike fits.
We also have a special interest in aerodynamics so will also provide aerodynamic advice and consideration to not only improve your speed and power but with consideration of extreme importance of aerodynamics to improve your bike speed. Bevan is in a unique position in Singapore to provide a bike fit balancing all of these requirements.
As Bevan is a registered physiotherapist so you should be able to claim the cost of your bike fit from your international health insurance.
If you are wondering about whether you need a bike fit, here are some questions to ask yourself:
When riding, do you ever suffer from:
Back, Hip or Knee pain?
Lack of power or explosiveness?
Do you feel uncomfortable on your bike?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then perhaps your bike set-up is incorrect and could potentially cause injuries. Many cyclists have an incorrect bike set-up or poor technique, which can lead to acute and chronic injuries or decreased cycling performance.
Many cyclists suffer pain and reduced performance unnecessarily. Clinical assessment of the cyclist at Singapore Physio will allow you to:
Increase your peak power and FTP
Get more out of your cycling
A bike fit is designed to:
- Optimise your performance / power output
- Prevent or treat injuries
- Ride more comfortably
- Maintain the most aerodynamic position for longer
Why use Asia Physio for your bike fit?
- Fully certified F.I.S.T. bike fitters
- Use of an Exit Cycling Fit Bike to achieve your fit co-ordinates
- Claimable under most international health insurance policies
- Physiotherapists are in a unique position to provide an extra level of expertise to your bike fit, performing a full physical assessment, targeting cycling biomechanic injuries
- We fit the bike to your capabilities rather than the other way around
- Pre-purchase bike fits are available
- Aerodynamic specialists
The Bike Fitting Process:
We begin by taking a comprehensive history of your athletic background, cycling past, future goals and injury record.
We then perform a physical screening procedure including:
- Musculoskeletal measurements such as flexibility, core strength and the alignment of your bones and feet – so that we know what position your body is capable of attaining and controlling without injury
- Anthropometric measurements such as leg length – so that we can accurately establish parameters such as saddle height and others.
- We measure your bike, your joint angles when pedaling, observe your technique and identify any faults that need correcting
- We will video you on the bike in a number of different angles and at different power outputs and review these videos with you instantly on our motion capture system
- We will provide aerodynamic advice with regard to body position, hydration systems and bike set ups to make you faster
- Lastly, after compiling all of the relevant information and correlating this with your personal goals, we adjust your bike to create your “perfect ride”. We take into consideration factors such as aerodynamics, power output, flexibility and ability to breathe easily so as to create a comfortable, fast and pain-free ride that prevents the development of injuries.
What to Bring to Your Bike Set-Up:
- Your bike
- Your shoes
- Your bike shorts or tri shorts
- Your appointment will last up to 2 hours
- All of the measurements mentioned above and adjusting your bike set-up to create your “perfect” ride
- A comprehensive report including all your measurements and fit co-ordinates in “Stack and Reach”
How Much Does It Cost?
Costs vary on the location and type of fit, but we are very reasonably priced compared to our competitors. Please call or email for a quote in your preferred location.
What types of Bikes do we fit?
- Time Trial & Triathlon
- Mountain Bike XC
- Recreational / commuter
We also offer a full triathlon service including a 1:1 high performance program to analyse your training and running and swimming biomechanics. We also offer online coaching to provide programs and advice specifically for you and your life situation and goals. Bevan is a Level 1 certified Triathlon Coach (by Triathlon Australia) and has coached several age group winners in major races. For more on triathlon coaching see here.